- To establish, maintain and update the diagnostic service for MH susceptibility for South Africa.
- To make the MH diagnostic facility available for the continent of Africa.
- To increase awareness and knowledge about MH for patients, their families and the medical community.
- To establish a national database.
- To promote research as a pharmacogenetic disorder in the unique DNA mapping of the different ethnic groups in South Africa.
- To promote immediate availability of the minimum dantrium requirements in all theatre complexes.
- To promote and standardize the standard of care of both an unexpected, acute MH attack as well as known Malignant Hyperthermia susceptible patients.
- To promote knowledge on anaesthetic machine preparation for MH cases.
- To promote referral of all patients and family members in need of diagnostic work-up.
- To promote the interest of MH as an orphan disease.